Lehigh Valley Direct Support Professionals
This is a unique opportunity for you to join an industry leader and make an impact on people’s lives!
SPIN is currently hiring for Direct Support Professionals Residential in the Lehigh Valley Area
As a Direct Support Professional you will be providing support to adults with intellectual/physical disabilities to ensure a Life of Possibilities. A Direct Support Professional provides individually focused intervention, care and support to ensure outcomes and choices are met. You will be encouraging growth toward independence in activities of daily living, socialization, community involvement and support in expression of choices. Additionally you will enjoy a competitive pay rate and benefits package for schedules thirty hours or more and join an award winning team!
SPIN has achieved many awards such as:
Philadelphia Inquirer’s Top Work Places
Training Top125 Magazine Award for outstanding training and development.
Direct Support Professional Description of Responsibilities:
- Provide person centered support to individual/s
- Introduce new experiences, encourage growth and implementation of goals
- Teach skills for adult life in social, recreational, leisure, community and household activities.
- Encourage inclusion in the community
- Ensure health and safety by following each individuals plans plan for nutrition, exercise, therapies
and other specific health and safety goals.
- Promotes effective teamwork through effective communication with other staff
- Must possess a High School Diploma / GED
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid PA/NJ Driver’s License
- 1 year minimum driving experience
- Experience preferred
- Completion of 2.5 week training program