The mission of the Accountant is to guarantee accuracy and integrity in all accountabilities as defined along with communicating and providing a high level of customer service to SPIN employees, customers, funding sources and auditors.
The mission of the Accountantis to guarantee accuracy and integrity in all accountabilities as defined along with communicating and providing a high level of customer service to SPIN employees, customers, funding sources and auditors.
- · Performs independent analysis of general ledger accounts and is responsible for month end reconciliations and adjustments as required.
- · Reconciles monthly bank statements.
- · Completes complex rate setting calculations, spreadsheets and cost settlement reports.
- · Analyzes rate/cost discrepancies and prepares reports to management.
- · Interfaces with all levels of management regarding department financial statements, budget and rate variances.
- · Improves and creates new systems as needed for processing of accounting data.
- · Assists in quarter and year end closing processes and the annual audit.
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance. Advanced college level knowledge and experience regarding generally accepted accounting methods, processes, procedures and techniques.
- · Payroll experience preferred
- · Experience in accounting and Microsoft Office applications.
- · Knowledge of funding regulations and requirements.
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- · Willingness and skill in adapting to change and performing multiple tasks when necessary.
- · Skill in organizing and prioritizing workload.
- · Valid driver’s license, own vehicle and insurance.
- · Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- · Excellent customer service skills.
- · Team player attitude
- Schedule Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM