SPIN is searching for an Employment Specialist who is ready to be out in the community, supporting individuals with intellectual, developmental and autism spectrum disabilities in securing a job and learning the skills necessary to maintain the job through providing on-the-job support to the individual and the employer
Employment Specialist supports individuals in securing a job in competitive
employment and in acquiring the skills necessary to maintain the job through
providing on-the-job support to the individual and the employer.
- Supports and completes assessments on people
while creating and developing appropriate employment opportunities that
are right fit and match interests, strengths and varied skill levels.
- Assists people with job maintenance by teaching personal
and professional skills development that will facilitate successful
employment and support employer’s objectives and needs.
- Researches, develops and maintains information on
community and other resources relevant to the needs of individuals. Uses acquired data to support
individuals in developing an employment plan, portfolio and or resume that
will achieve specific employment outcomes in an inclusive community.
- Assists and supports people to develop strategies
and make informed choices in regards to self-advocacy, health and safety
and career direction.
- Uses professional, positive and person first
language and communication techniques to build rapport and relationships
with service recipients, family members, the business community, inter and
external agency personnel, etc.
- Works as a cohesive team member with co-workers,
internal departments within the agency, external organizations, etc. to
support achievement of Employment Services Department’s outcomes and
assure excellent quality services.
- Maintains accurate records in regards to
assessments, progress reports, pertinent employer documentation and
billing of services rendered.
Remains current with and uses agency technology that enables the
collection, compilation, evaluation and submission of data to appropriate
sources as per established department timeframes.
- Achieves and monitors department productivity
levels and service delivery through the attainment of outcomes and units
of service goals. Makes
modifications in a timely and responsive way that assures exceptional
- Completes required training, education,
certifications, etc. in order to further professional development
activities and identify areas of self-reflection and self-improvement of
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the
Employment Services Department and SPIN.
This includes but is not limited to maintaining standards of
confidentiality and best practices as well as performing and completing as
needed duties and assignments in the best interests of service recipients.
degree in Psychology, Special Education, or related field preferred.
years experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities or
year of employment experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively with team members.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in order to meet programmatic and
license, vehicle, insurance and willingness to travel Philadelphia and
- Proficient in MS office and or windows based programs
Click Here to Apply