Direct Support Professional/Behavioral Health Specialist 4P-12A Shifts
This is a unique opportunity for you to join an industry leader and make an impact on people’s lives!
SPIN is currently hiring for Direct Support Professional/Behavioral Health Specialist
The following schedule is available:
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday 4:00PM-12:00AM
As a Direct Support Professional/Behavioral Health Specialist you will be providing support to adults with intellectual disabilities and mental health diagnosis to ensure a life of possibilities. A Direct Support Professional Behavioral Health Specialist provides individually focused treatment and intervention; care and support to ensure their outcomes and choices are met. The DSP/BHS supports Individual Support Plans, assists with programmatic interventions and summarizes progress. You will be encouraging growth toward independence in activities of daily living, socialization, community involvement, and support in expression of choices. Additionally, you will enjoy a competitive pay rate, and benefits package for schedules thirty hours or more and join an award winning team!
SPIN has achieved many awards such as:
Philadelphia Inquirer’s Top Work Places
Training Top125 Magazine Award for outstanding training and development.
- Must possess a High School Diploma / GED
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid PA/NJ Driver’s License
- 1 year minimum driving experience
- Two or more years experience in the Behavioral Health field required
Two or more years experience working with adults with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Completion of two week training program
Direct Support Professional/Behavioral Health Specialist Description of Responsibilities:
- Provide person centered support
- Introduce new experiences, encourage growth and implementation of goals
- Teach skills for adult life in social, recreational, leisure, community and household activities.
- Encourage inclusion in the community
- Ensure health and safety by following each individuals plans plan for nutrition,exercise,medication therapies and other specific health and safety goals
- Promotes effective teamwork through effective communication with other staff